Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen C1 Clutch replacement

Options
  • 13-06-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a 2006 C1 with 85,000 km on the Clock.

Over the past while the clutch has not been working correctly, I got it adjusted 2 weeks ago as it was reving very high. Now when trying to get it into get into reverse it grinds and when changing up or down the gears I have to take it slow in order to change.

I bought a replacement clutch last week for €125 new & was wondering if anyone knows anyone that would be willing to fit it & how much it would cost me.

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Once it starts slipping(revving high) then adjusting them is a waste of time as you are just perlonging the wear and possibly causing more damage to the flywheel etc.

Early clutch wear is a normal problem on these cars(C1/107/Aygo) and you'd be paying around the €250 mark to have it fitted in most independent garages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Early clutch wear is a normal problem on these cars(C1/107/Aygo) and you'd be paying around the €250 mark to have it fitted in most independent garages

Got the Clutch replaced yesterday by a friend of friend for €150 so I'm delighted with that, total for replacement and part was €275 :D

Advertisement