Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting a job to start a course

Options
  • 13-06-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭

I was unemployed and on JSB in February last. I applied to do a FETAC course which began in June.

In the meantime I found another job which Im still in. However Ive been offered a place on the course which id like to take up.

Does anyone know if Im entitled to JSB if i hand in my notice to take my place on this course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

You might want to check your current eligibility for the course since your circumstances have changed.

If you started the job before the course offer then you should no longer be eligible for entry into the course since you would have to be in receipt of JSB to be eligible for the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

jimoc wrote: »
    You might want to check your current eligibility for the course since your circumstances have changed.

If you started the job before the course offer then you should no longer be eligible for entry into the course since you would have to be in receipt of JSB to be eligible for the place.

Thank you for your input. But it doesn't answer my question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

No, you will be disqualified from getting JSB for 9 weeks if you quit your job, also I think you have to be unemployed for a period to qualify for a course.

Can you not pay for a course since you are working?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

No, you will be disqualified from getting JSB for 9 weeks if you quit your job, also I think you have to be unemployed for a period to qualify for a course.

Can you not pay for a course since you are working?

I could and would pay. But would I receive a payment whilst doing the training course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

I could and would pay. But would I receive a payment whilst doing the training course?
    Payment for what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

You would not be entitled to JSB if the course is a full-time course, because if you are at the course during the day, you do not fulfill the condition "looking for full-time work". You will not qualify for the back To education Allowance because you are not currently on a DSP payment.

Advertisement