Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 weeks pregnant, darting pain in right side that has moved to left side

Options
  • 13-06-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I am eight weeks pregnant, I started to have a darting pain last night in my right side, near my hip which came and went every few minutes. I went to care doc and he said that as there was no bleeding and swelling of the tummy that I should be ok.

He advised I contact my hospital and ask for an earlier scan so I did and this is arranged for tomorrow morning.

My problem is that the pain has now moved to my left side and is more painful.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Is it normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

Hi,

I am eight weeks pregnant, I started to have a darting pain last night in my right side, near my hip which came and went every few minutes. I went to care doc and he said that as there was no bleeding and swelling of the tummy that I should be ok.

He advised I contact my hospital and ask for an earlier scan so I did and this is arranged for tomorrow morning.

My problem is that the pain has now moved to my left side and is more painful.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Is it normal?

I had very similar pains in early pregnancy at about 6wks to 11wks. It was shooting pains down my side. It would so bad it would take my breath away. It came and went on both sides. I got an early scan and everything was okay. They put it down to stretching. Hope the scan goes okay! It's a really good sign you aren't bleeding.
    I had three bleeds and everything was still okay.

Now 17wks 3days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

We can't give medical advice but you're doing the right thing by going for a scan just to make sure everything is ok.

There are a lot of different aches and pains that are just part of the pregnancy experience and nothing to worry about as the uterus expands, ligiaments and muscles are stretched etc.

Good luck with the scan tomorrow, and try not to worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

i had the same thing with my first pregnancy,turned out i pulled a ligament during aqua aerobics,was worried but everything turned out all ok,your right to get a scan,it will put your mind at rest hopefully,best of luck

Advertisement