Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Pub for Spain game tomorrow?

Options
  • 13-06-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for a decent central pub to watch Ireland v Spain tomorrow. I have a few people over from home so want to go out and watch it somewhere central but really dont want to go to the poxy 'touristy' Irish pubs like Waxies or O'Neills. Watched the Croatia game in my local in Bethnal but that's not really a runner tomorrow. Anyone know of a decent central spot that will have big screens, a decent Irish crowd and a good atmosphere..? I might even see you there!

Cheers,

Gaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gazhoop

Sorry, somehow missed the EURO 2012 thread below..! Was the Sheephaven any good last Sunday? It's a decent spot and I watched a few Rovers games in there when I briefly lived up that way. Possibly a touch too far out to bring a few people tomorrow though?

Gaz

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Was in the Sheephaven on Sunday night and was perfect. They cleared one section so it was standing room only but we luckily got some seats at the very back after some Spanish left. Was busy but not mental, and (most importantly) showed RTE. It's not really that far from town either, Mornington Crescent's only five stops from Leicester Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gazhoop

Yeah, it is quite handy alright and Camden is just up the road to keep the celebrations going..! :rolleyes:

Might see you in there tomorrow. Cam on Ireland..!

Advertisement