Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes and Generals

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just got my beta code :), server stress test tonight followed by servers staying open.
    Anyone else appply or get in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Got my Beta code yesterday, was looking forward to playing but every server seems dead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Playing this for the first time tonight and it's going to be epic if they can get the performance issues out of the way :)
    A proper sequel to Battlefield 1942
    http://www.heroesandgenerals.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Guys I've re-installed this this morning and it's fantastic now !!
    Really improved nearly everything about the game...

Might be time to see how this has developed since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,560 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I could only watch that last video up to 0:16. The guy has some sort high pitched squealing instead of normal human laughter.

There is a volume control :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Still playing this. Find it to be good fun. Found you can "plant" mines onto jeeps, and the saddle of the bicycle;

320427.jpg

But as the bicycle moves so darn slowly, it makes for a bad jihad bike.

On the plus side, people love running over snipers, so if you see someone about to run you over, don't shoot. Just plant a mine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

inb4 heavy tank, tank destroyers, paratroopers etc etc vs infantry.

Other than that it can be fun when it doesn't lag like crazy.
    Just wish they'd put on more maps, already sick of the same ones over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Anyone still playing this? Re-installed it a few days ago and quite liking it. Got a Machine Pistol and Kubelwagen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

*arise old topic. ARISE*

Installed this yesterday to test out. Actually good craic. Capped a base on some map that was just ruins. Then had endless fun standing back and lobbing nades from a bush into said base when enemies tried to cap it. Double & triple kills galore.

Tried to road kill someone on a bike which strangely enough didn't work. Thankfully he was a nib so I was able to dismount and kill him anyway.

Death animations can be hilarious. Bodies flying everywhere had me in tears at one point. Got smacked by a car which sent me flying into the air and over the other side of the map.

I like the way it works in general though. No minimap so you need to keep your eyes open.

For a free game it works pretty well. I'll be playing it a little more for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Installed it over the weekend. Pretty fun and a WWII game to fill the gap since BF1942 closed its servers.
    Still in BETA though. Needs some work in server browsing/joining and waiting times, however there were no major bugs ingame.
    Also, it is free-to-play, without hidden costs. From what I understand, you are missing some XP if you are not a Veteran member, so you advance slower than the others who pay, but not missing anything.

The maps are well designed, with lots of flanking routes, however they need more maps.

Advertisement