Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redwolf airsoft

Options
  • 13-06-2012 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

anyone ever ordered off these guys? considerin it but id be dodgy about customs and that...any feedback much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Have used them in the past without problems. Had to pay customs, VAT and a handling charge (It's roughly 25% of the final price when added up.) If it's a small and low value item you might get away without paying these charges. I find RedWolf and WGC shop to be the best of the Hong Kong shops. However in the end it may be simpler and cheaper to get an Irish retailer to source the item for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

Have used them in the past without problems. Had to pay customs, VAT and a handling charge (It's roughly 25% of the final price when added up.) If it's a small and low value item you might get away without paying these charges. I find RedWolf and WGC shop to be the best of the Hong Kong shops. However in the end it may be simpler and cheaper to get an Irish retailer to source the item for you.

They are even charging now for the low value items. Had apackage come in from ehobby. Valued at €30 and had to pay an additional €12 between customs, VAT & handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That's interesting have ordered lower value items before mainly bits and bobs that I couldn't source closer to home without having to pay customs. I must have just been lucky in the past or customs are getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darkslider

Used redwolf for parts on a few occaisions. No problems as far as dealing with the site. Every package coming from asia these days seems to be subject to heavy scrutany by customs. The last 5 items I had come in from Asia have all been opened by customs. One package of airsoft parts was held for inspection for a week.

Irish retailers can get the parts but this will usually end up costing the same if not more with a likely 4-6 week waiting time depending on the frequency of their orders.

If you're just looking for parts, try http://www.gunfire.pl I've ordered some parts from these guys in the last 6 months. Their motors look very like re-branded Guarder ones but they are the heaviest motors I've ever come across with the strongest magnets. Their high speed motor is quite a lot tougher than the GP m120, which seems to be the staple diet of the airsoft modifier and would have been my choice too prior to find these.
    They're within the eurozone so no import duty. Price you see is what you pay, plus shipping of course.

Advertisement