Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Application

Options
  • 12-06-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Does anyone know how long it takes for you to hear back if your holiday has been approved? I applied just over 10 days ago, but still havent heard anything. I can no longer re-apply, as I am heading away next week.

Thanks,
    Alan

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

antodeco wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Does anyone know how long it takes for you to hear back if your holiday has been approved? I applied just over 10 days ago, but still havent heard anything. I can no longer re-apply, as I am heading away next week.

Thanks,
    Alan
    Surely you can just talk to your boss directly?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ah balls! Sorry, thought I was in state benefits!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Ah balls! Sorry, thought I was in state benefits!
    I'll move it across (from work and jobs forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

I don't know I'm afraid but would really like to know. I didn't realise you had to actually apply for it, I thought you were just entitled to two weeks.

I'd also like to know how much notice are you supposed to give them? And what's the procedure of applying involve?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

augusta24 wrote: »
    I don't know I'm afraid but would really like to know. I didn't realise you had to actually apply for it, I thought you were just entitled to two weeks.

I'd also like to know how much notice are you supposed to give them? And what's the procedure of applying involve?

You can only apply within 21 days before but no closer than 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Hi All,

Thanks,
    Alan

All you have to do is submit your form. Your payment is suspended while you are gone. When you get back from holidays call into the office to let them know you are back. It then takes 3 days for your money to run to post office. You dont get confirmation that it has been approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Keephercountry

So do you actualy loose ur payment for the 2 weeks u are away or will it be there for you when u get back guys???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you intend going on holidays abroad, you should inform the Local Office two weeks in advance of your departure and complete form UP 30. All holiday payments will be made retrospectively when you return. If you go on holiday for longer than two weeks, you may be paid in respect of the first two weeks, but will not receive payment for any period abroad in excess of this.

from here http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/jajbfaq.aspx#q22

Advertisement