Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tefal actifry

Options
  • 12-06-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Hi,can anyone tell me if there is an actifry for sale cheap on line or in stores,and secondly,are they all they are craced up to be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved from Online Buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Memory man

Posted on th wrong thread LOL, forget I said anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Hi,can anyone tell me if there is an actifry for sale cheap on line or in stores,and secondly,are they all they are craced up to be?
    I only use it for chips really, and they do make nice tasty chips much much nicer than oven chips but not quite as nice as real chips.

A good investment imo if you make chips regularily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

We use ours about once a week.

We like ours and had it about 2 years now. It takes around 20-30 minutes to cook frozen chips depending on the thickness.

We find ours cooks enough for 3 reasonable helpings.

I prefer fried but prefer the actifry to oven chips.

Stove Fan:)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The Philips Airfryer might also be worth considering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

thanks,I see the tefal has had a few dodgy reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jibberjive

thanks,I see the tefal has had a few dodgy reviews!

We bought one about 3 months ago & love it, I think the dodgy reviews related to the early models & afaik those issues were fixed in the later ones.

We love the tefal & use it once or twice a week, its great for chips & I often throw sausages in with them for last 10-15 mins of cooking & you have a mess free quick dinner / supper. I've tried the mushroom receipe from the book that comes with it but they weren't great tbh. I've also made risotto in it quite succesfully but I did start the onion rice etc off in the pan first then transferred to tefal, certainly beats standing there stirring when you're in a hurry.

HTH

Advertisement