Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRENCH-Higher Level Junior Cert 2012

Options
  • 12-06-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

so who here does french?
    any predictions...or what should we be studying?
    praying to god a formal letter does NOT come up:mad::D:confused:
    so any predictions....?

ALL discussion on french jc 2012 HL goes here...

BEST OF LUCK!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hannah_2012

me. Im just looking over vocab and learning phrases for the notes, post card & letter.

I thought that if a formal letter comes up, you could choose between that or an informal letter?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 theCRAIG

yup :D thats right but i thinbk you can choose between two normal letters if it doesnt?

alright..i guess its an unpredictable test really isnt it?
    just learn:

VOCAB
    Letter ettiquitte
    Grammer
    etc...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aptmilpalmeras

I thought that if a formal letter comes up, you could choose between that or an informal letter?:confused:

Formal letter has only come up twice in past number of years. Both times it was optional, with informal letter also up.

Revise basic vocab- numbers & alphabet to help your Listening section, weather, know basic sentences in past, present & future for your written section. Bon courage!

theCRAIG wrote: »
    yup :D thats right but i thinbk you can choose between two normal letters if it doesnt?.

I think its only one. Hopefully its not too specfic on what to write! My pre exam was hard, it was writing about the junior cert, & exams etc. I'd prefer if it was something like Two things you did/will do. That would be alot easier!

Formal letter has only come up twice in past number of years. Both times it was optional, with informal letter also up.

Revise basic vocab- numbers & alphabet to help your Listening section, weather, know basic sentences in past, present & future for your written section. Bon courage!

Alright thanks!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

So far it's only ever come up as one informal letter on its own or a few years it has come up as an informal and a formal with a choice between the two. But who knows, there's a first time for everything.

Myself, I've just studied for the informal and hoping they don't throw a twist in this year. :eek:

Daledge wrote: »
    Myself, I've just studied for the informal and hoping they don't throw a twist in this year. :eek:

Me too! bit worried now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Me too! bit worried now. :(

No need, I'm quite confident they won't. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Increasing Meteornium

Well, no sense in starting to study now, I guess. Could've done with looking over present tense verb conjugations and such. Yera, 'tis only the JC. But I swear to god, if that bloody formal letter comes up and we can't avoid it...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thecrammer

That was graaaand :D
    Except for what her dad got for Christmas lol, I put Christmas tree but it was a guess :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

nice paper...hope history goes as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

thecrammer wrote: »
    Except for what her dad got for Christmas lol, I put Christmas tree but it was a guess :P

I said that too, le sapin de noel. 99% sure it's right.

It was quite easy overall. :)

thecrammer wrote: »

Couldn't get that one atall.. I wrote down a present. :rolleyes:

I was slightly pissed of at the listening, there was 3 rooms of 3rd years, and you could hear the tapes from the other 2 rooms, beeping n all. & they were played at different times. :mad:

That could've gone worse. Listening was the easiest I've ever done, tbh. Just the written part was a bit sketchy. I never know what to write when you're asked to tell the recipient news about something. :/ ended up saying he got a summer job which was magnifique 'cause there's a recession on. :L

Yeah tbh, the listening was one of the easiest, especially the section E, definiatly better that ones ive done in class.:D

I never know what to write when you're asked to tell the recipient news about something. :/ ended up saying he got a summer job which was magnifique 'cause there's a recession on. :L

Haha me too, I ended up saying she was in hospial, getting better because she was in a car accident, then I added bits on, like saying her name and age. :P

How long was your overall letter?

Haha me too, I ended up saying she was in hospial, getting better because she was in a car accident, then I added bits on, like saying her name and age. :P

How long was your overall letter?

I managed to fill all the space given on the exam paper, except for a single sentence I had to write on extra paper. Seriously, the entire booklet only had about five words on it. :D

I managed to fill all the space given on the exam paper, except for a single sentence I had to write on extra paper. Seriously, the entire booklet only had about five words on it. :D

Alright graaand. Hope I got a B. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thecrammer

blobcat wrote: »
    I said that too, le sapin de noel. 99% sure it's right.

It was quite easy overall. :)

Hey it was right! :D Google translate to the rescue ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

The listening wasn't too bad, the comprehensions got tricky at the end, as expected. The letter was a strange mix, I had a good few sentences prepared that I couldn't really use. I just said my friend broke her arm cycling, that I visited her etc... Anyway, I'm hoping for a B... Does anyone know what the girl got and why Andre's cousin was so lazy?

Troxck wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the girl got and why Andre's cousin was so lazy?

They are the two I got stuck on. I heard something about a bedroom, so i just wrote hes always in his bedroom:L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Oozamine

I heard vaissle so i presumed that it he never does the washing or cleaning,forget which i put down :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

They are the two I got stuck on. I heard something about a bedroom, so i just wrote hes always in his bedroom:L

Yeah, I said he was also in his bed... I say that caught a few people out

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

Troxck wrote: »
    The listening wasn't too bad, the comprehensions got tricky at the end, as expected. The letter was a strange mix, I had a good few sentences prepared that I couldn't really use. I just said my friend broke her arm cycling, that I visited her etc... Anyway, I'm hoping for a B... Does anyone know what the girl got and why Andre's cousin was so lazy?

She got a rabbit. Andre never made his bed or did the washing, and one other thing I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 katiebellhealy

i got because he never cleans his room and he dosnt do the dishes.

Whats the marking scheme like for the listening? Half marks on some stuff maybe? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

Hey McPeake I know you're reading this.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭jd6920s

It wasnt funny how easy french was :) the only thing I couldnt get was in the listening about what did the father buy :confused: Anyone get the answer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 harich56

He bought a Christmas Tree thats what i got anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement