Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance stopped??

Options
  • 12-06-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,
    got a phone call from my land lord today. He hasnt recieved the rent allowance from the health board for last week, or one due today. Im abroad at the moment, so have no way of telling is there post at home. I didnt get a phone call anyway. He got nothing.
    As i said, im abroad, so im hoping it just stopped for the holidays as the Social Welfare would, but didnt think this happened.
    Please say it does.
    Thanks,
    Bobby.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Your rent allowance is not tied in with the social welfare, so unless you informed your CWO that you where going on holidays then no your rent allowance would not be stopped

you need to go see your CWO as soon as they are sitting once you get home and sort this out, did you get renewal forms and not send them back?? anything like that??

sorry to be the bearer of bad news and messing up the remainder of your holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

BobbyJoe1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    got a phone call from my land lord today. He hasnt recieved the rent allowance from the health board for last week, or one due today. Im abroad at the moment, so have no way of telling is there post at home. I didnt get a phone call anyway. He got nothing.
    As i said, im abroad, so im hoping it just stopped for the holidays as the Social Welfare would, but didnt think this happened.
    Please say it does.
    Thanks,
    Bobby.

ring your SWO ,, they will tell you over the phone why it was stopped

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

edellc wrote: »
    Your rent allowance is not tied in with the social welfare, so unless you informed your CWO that you where going on holidays then no your rent allowance would not be stopped

The SW office and CWO use the same system. If SW payment suspended a claim, the CWO would be able to see that also.
    If the CWO can see somebody is out of the country, the rent would normally be stopped also. When you get back you will need to call to SW office and to CWO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

^^^

thank you cee ya news to me as any time I have had holidays they didnt stop my RA and the post office sent it back and I had to go back to the CWO office when i got back and sort the mess out, twas a nightmare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BobbyJoe1

^^^

thank you cee ya news to me as any time I have had holidays they didnt stop my RA and the post office sent it back and I had to go back to the CWO office when i got back and sort the mess out, twas a nightmare :)

It didnt stop before, so im hoping its a new thing? Rang the health board last night and was put throught to RA but had to leave a message. Will ring them shortly. Landlord is good, dont want him to think im messing him about. Sent my mother to check the house last night, she told me i have no RA receipts either:( Was enjoying the holiday up until yesterday:( Hopefully when i call them its something simple like being stopped cos im on holiday, can stop worrying then:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

^^^

Mine goes to my bank account which is much easier. Same with any other payments. I am not always well enough to get to the Post Office .

Advertisement