Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax on exam superintendants

Options
  • 12-06-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I need to deduct tax, PRSI and USC from locally appointed exam personnel i.e for special centres. The only info provided from the State exam comission is to check with revenue regarding amounts to deduct and methods of reporting the various taxes aforementioned.

Does anyone have any info on what rate of tax should be applied to these personnel. Is it applied after relevent PRSI and USC are deducted from the gross pay?

regards
    Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I need to deduct tax, PRSI and USC from locally appointed exam personnel i.e for special centres. The only info provided from the State exam comission is to check with revenue regarding amounts to deduct and methods of reporting the various taxes aforementioned.

Does anyone have any info on what rate of tax should be applied to these personnel. Is it applied after relevent PRSI and USC are deducted from the gross pay?

regards
    Liam

You may wish to contact the employers helpline on this but if they are a standard employee and you do not have tax credits or cut off point for them then just follow the normal guidelines.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/business/paye/guide/employers-guide-paye-calculation.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭Tow

From memory there are special rules for them. Otherwise, all the taxes are from their gross pay less any PRD.;)

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭liamolaighin

I vaguely remember that there is some kind of special rules regarding their taxation as well. But I cant find any straightforward info anywhere on the tax side of things

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

Would you not just tax them using the emergency tax rules if you haven't received a P45 from the current or previous year's employer or a tax credit cert.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/emergency-basis.html

As it will only be an employment that will last for a few weeks at most, it should not equate to a significant amount of income or tax and any over payment can be easily reclaimed from the revenue at a later stage.

Regards

dbran

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I'd suggest you either contact the Revenue, The Exam Commission or a professional adviser in relation to this issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement