Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for coming off carer Allowance after 15 Years?

Options
  • 12-06-2012 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My mum has been my carer since i was 5 years old as i have a physical disability, I will be going away to college in September, and will be applying for another carer,
    Mum will lose the carers allowance, but at 54 years of age and no real qualification she will find it difficult to find employment Plus she can only really work Monday - Friday has i will be home at the weekends. She cant afford not to earn money, We were looking into VEC And Fas Course's or CE Scheme but we are not sure what she needs to qualify for these? Or anything else she could do to earn money along with a qualification?

Thanks

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If she is looking for work then she can apply for jobseekers allowance. This is a means tested payments and while she will be waiting for this to be processed she can apply to the community welfare officer for supplementary welfare allowance. While she is on jsa she can apply to do a Fas course.

Advertisement