Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi reconnecting

Options
  • 12-06-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I've noticed on my S3 that I keep getting a "wifi connected to network" notification at the bottom of my screen every few mins.

I don't know why it keeps doing this as I've wifi set to always be turn on.

Someone on xda suggested its the wifi power saving option turned on and that I should turn it off via *#0011# in the dialer.

Has anyone tried this? Anyone else having the same problem?

I tried forgetting the network and reconnecting up again but still the notifications persist.

Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Have the same problem!! Havent done anything yet about it,, will get googling today after work and report back here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Davie89 wrote: »
    Have the same problem!! Havent done anything yet about it,, will get googling today after work and report back here :)

Cheers mate. Yeah it seems to be a common issue from what I've read so far.
    As long as it's a problem that can be fixed I don't mind.

I'll check back here later so to see what you dig out. I won't try the *#0011# dialer fix yet though.

*Bump

Couldn't really find a solution to this anywhere,

Anyone else out there have , and successfully solved this problem ??

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is this on multiple networks or just the one?

At a guess it could be a short lease policy router side and thats causing renewals every few minutes. Unlikely, but worth checking.

ED E wrote: »

At a guess it could be a short lease policy router side and thats causing renewals every few minutes. Unlikely, but worth checking.
    How would u go about checking this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Login to your router (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 etc) and go to IP/DHCP settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

ED E wrote: »

Ok, I've logged into router. What do I look for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭measurement

This can happen if you are at the edge of the wifi signal's reach. When I visit my sister's house, I can only connect in some rooms, as the modem is at one end of the house and the walls are thick.
    See if the wifi antennae are obstructed (and I think if they are surrounded by metal, e.g. filing cabinet or similar, they will be reduced in range).

Advertisement