Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent to OHP by disbelieving employeer

Options
  • 12-06-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi

I've had Indeterminate Crohns/Colitis for about 10 years and have been out of work for a number of months following a flare. My employeer refuses to believe I'm ill, stopped paying me, now I'm being sent to an OHP. What should I bring and expect?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭john47

You should ring the OHP and find out what they need, it's a real pain going to them and then find out you should have been fasting for blood tests. Its also handier if you need to bring samples rather then trying to give a sample on order in the doctors toilet!

Hope this helps.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Has your employer said they don't believe you are ill?
    Usually it is routine to refer all employees who have been off for a certain length of time to OHP.
    Your entitlement to sick pay depends on your contract of employment and most contracts in the private sector only allow for limited periods of paid sick leave and many employers don't pay sick leave at all any more.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

One tip - write down everything you want to say to the OHP, then you will have everything you want to say said during the appointment - and don't be embarrassed or anything about having the things written down, and won't be coming out of the appointment saying "Oh I should have said that"

Advertisement