Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamps for the laptop screen broken - where in Dublin to replace them?

Options
  • 12-06-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all!

I've laptop that got accidentally stepped on some time ago. Never mind the details. However, since then it stopped showing anything on the screen. I mean, the screen is very, very dark but at some angles you can still see that there's something on. It works well, I've hooked it up to the TV and found no problems whatsoever, the only thing is with the screen.
    Now, I've friend in Mullingar who's the laptop magician and he said, given what I'd described, that most likely the lamps that light the screen are gone and one can get such lamps on ebay or anywhere else for 20 / 30 quid and then it'd be the matter of replacing them.
    That's fine, I thought, and went to few laptop services in Dublin City Centre. In each of them I was told, the complete new screen is required which is 100+ Euro.
    The question is: Do you happen to know any reliable place I could leave my laptop with (I'm not in the hurry) and have the lamps for the screen replaced NOT having replaced the whole screen?
    Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.
    Cheers!

Comments

Advertisement