Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highest percentage of Win Vista usage is in Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Wouldn't be the first time the Irish People where sold a lemon now would it!

In my place we rolled it out to a group of users as a test and decided to stop after the number of Application problems and User frustration.

The upgrade to Windows 7 has gone a lot somoother and I guess that wouldn't have been possible had they not learnt from there mistakes with Vista!

LoGiE

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Recession.

Windows Vista was released during the Celtic Tiger, new computer every 12 months.

Windows 7 was released in a recession when upgrading the family PC is the first thing on the chopping block and people struggle on with their Windows Vista Dell for another couple of years.

Also in my experience businesses are quite slow to organise changeovers. So if a company had already done a full switch to Vista, they'd wait a couple of years before moving to Win 7 completely, even if it's the obvious choice.

Advertisement