Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill thief!

Options
  • 12-06-2012 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭

You know when you have the other guy down to 3% health and know the next shot will kill him, only to have someone uninvolved (and uninjured) then fire the fatal shot. Usually some camping ****** hiding in an obscure corner.

What is the 'technical term' for that kind of kill thief?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I call him "the person who made me realise how unimportant FPS multiplayer is".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kill stealing is the term I've seen used.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

A Kill Stealer. Most FPS's nowadays give you assists or something similar so I dont' mind them that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I refer to it as Third Party Fire and Theft.

I believe you can get some form of insurance against it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

What would you call him? I'd usually just call him a fecker :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,268 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kill stealing, usually followed by motherfukker....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Kill stealing never really bothered me much bar the odd occasion. Would you rather your team mates just not help you altogether?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Kill stealing never really bothered me much bar the odd occasion. Would you rather your team mates just not help you altogether?

That kind of attitude will get you nowhere in the world of modern warfare :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Its called being an accomplice to a homicide!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Doesn't bother me too much. Especially since you usually get assit points.

Only gets me when I'm a few points away from someone I'm chasing on the leader board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

teamwork

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Victor wrote: »
    What is the 'technical term' for that kind of kill thief?
    Efficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

gizmo wrote: »
    Efficient?

Rats, beat me to it.

... You're a joke-thief!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

P*ssy kills, a fine and delicate art.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

I started playing halo 3 today online and this is a major thing in this game as it doesn't give assists like in reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Fine line between kill stealing and team work. For example in Halo team shooting is so important in that game I would be angry if a team mate wasn't shooting my target regardless if he would get the kill or not. But if its like Gears of War and I have a guy down and there is no immediate threat in the area and its not likely he can be picked up then don't steal the kill.

Advertisement