Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uppababy

Options
  • 11-06-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi
    for all those that purchased the uppa baby vista just wondering what colour chasis did you go for? We have paid a deposit on the Jake(black) and trying to descide wheather the black or silver chasis would be best. I think I like the all black look with the black chasis but hubby is concerned it might show up scratches more than the silver frame? Also how long before your due date are you going to collect yours? was thinking maybe the end of August but that would be two weeks before our due date, is this cutting it tight?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

We went with the black frame with the silver pram and seat etc..Didnt think about the scratches. Just liked the look of it. The silver frame is nice too, it makes little difference i'd say though...

I must actually ring Tony Kealy's about it, and see when it will be ready, they mentioned it would be ready 2 weeks before hand, but i would prefer to get it asap....(due in 5 weeks) we need to bring our cars in to them too to check the isofix. And they will give us a demo etc too, so i want that done soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

We got Cole with a silver frame...I'm pretty sure the colour & frame options are set but don't quote me on that :D We would have went with silver anyway!
    We have ours now and it's lovely. We set our due date early with them so that they would get it in stock as we have a dog & wanted to get her used to the buggy, car seat etc before the baby arrives :) She has been super, everything has had a sniff & lick of approval :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

thanks for the replies girls, suspose I should ring the shop and ask their opinion on the chasis colour. Will also ask them when they suggest collecting it as want to get a fine balance betwen getting it too early and fall across it in the house but then risking not having it in time for when babs is due:eek: Also have to pick up pram sheets for it, have either of you got these yet? or how many did you get? I'm hoping that babs will sleep in the pram part of it downstairs during the day for the first couple of months so probably need to get a good few pram sheets although my mam has suggested just getting some nice flanette pillowcases instead to use as sheets:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

She's dead right, pillow cases are so much easier for the moses basket too!

Oh now that's something I would never have thought of :) good tip!

Most bigger places will keep it in storage for you anyway so it shouldn't be a problem. Some people are very superstitious about having a pram around before baby arrives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

January wrote: »
    She's dead right, pillow cases are so much easier for the moses basket too!

Really!!! never thought of that, thanks for tip, have bought some sheets for moses basket but will try the pillow cases too, you can never have enough sheets!!

The shop I bought my travel system in will keep it until I want to pick it up, was thinking maybe mid july, 2-3 weeks before babs is due, im not suspicious about it but i know my parents are and that kind of affects me.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Thanks January, yes I think you are both probably right, maybe get a couple of pram fitted sheets and then a few cream or white double packs of nice flanette or cotton pillowcases also. Actually I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere about a mum who used pillowcases as the moses basket sheet but she slept on it for a night beforehand so that baby could smell her scent of the pillowcase and it helped settle the baby, sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

That is brilliant re: the pillow cases. Really cheap solution too and at least they can be used as pillow cases later and not slung to a far off corner of the attic! Maybe we should start a thread of simple and effective money/hassle saving tips? Although I have no tips at all to contribute to it! :p

We got the silver chasis and green cot/seat etc. I didn't even know there was a black chasis! :eek: Cannot wait to take it out for a spin!

What's the green like taxus? We contemplated it but nobody seemed to have one to look at so went with the cole (slate blue kinda colour) as its pretty neutral :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

2Mums, it's gorgeous! we are thrilled with it! We took a chance and ordered it without seeing one in real life! I was totally smitten with the denim blue colour, but we don't know if we're having a boy or a girl so we went with Green. The buggy arrived a few weeks ago and the sales assistants had never seen a green one either and they all loved it too. The best thing was I got little green sheets in Guineys and they look class with it! I love the way everything is washable with the uppababy, I love washing stuff (well the washing machine washing stuff, I should say!)

I've seen a yellow one out and about in Limerick and my friend has the red version. They are all nice really!

• Advertisement

Thanks :) we weren't brave enough :D we are having a girl but went with the blue as it's not really an overly boy colour! We bought the wallaboo in lime green which goes lovely with the Cole so happy out :)

Enjoy your uppababy, I think it will be a great system for us :)

Advertisement