Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tus Programme

Options
  • 11-06-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering anybody done/doing this? Whats it like? What sort of jobs do you do??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

My wife is on this program and was very apprehensive at first thinking she would be forced to do a crap job she did not like. However the reality was different. She was interviewed by the TUS people at first to get an idea of what kind of work she was looking for and was giving a number of choices relevant to her experience and interests. She is now in a job she really enjoys meeting many new people. The TUS people have kept contact to make sure she is doing the job she was placed to do and seem very keen to know she is happy with the job.

In terms of money she was working for previous 16 years and then made redundant and then went on the jobseekers allowence for 12 months. When this year was up she was invited to take part in the program and was able to keep her dole plus €20 more for a 19 hour week. The hours are flexible and suit us in terms of childcare etc.

I was a bit unsure at first but it seems like a decent program to me and the place she is working have already indicated they see a role for her when the 12 month placement is up.

If she had not done this she would have no job and her entitlement to the dole would have ceased. She looked at a few jobs before deciding on this one and I think they said to her that they would expect her to take one of the first 3-4 jobs offered. Hope this helps

Advertisement