Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTWEA and a paid masters?

Options
  • 11-06-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am currently receiving the BTWEA but today I was told that I have been awarded a place on a masters in a related field to that which my business does so I figure it will not only be of value to my company financially but also obviously in the long run.

I currently invest all of the money from the BTWEA into the company but the additional funds from the masters would allow me to cut the launch of my product by at least two or three months. I know I am allowed to work outside of my own company while on the BTWEA but would anyone know if this extends to undertaking a course which pays me? I assume I just have to declare the revenue to the tax man? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

You can do whatever you want, provided that the business is still trading. The only obligation to inform them is if the business stops trading, in which case you can resume previous social welfare payment, if still eligible.

Advertisement