Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax - Dole info needed

Options
  • 11-06-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey all

I have a little concern after someone mentioned to me about tax etc.

Basically a good friend of mine came into some money while ago and has been helping me out no and then. My computer blew up not long ago which she helped pay for along with good few other bits and pieces.

I am on illness benefit myself, and am now worried that by her lodging money into my account I should be paying tax or informing the welfare.

Is this correct and if so what is the best route of action I should take.

I do not want to fiddle anyone and had no idea gifts where not allowed but also believe saying you didnt know is not a suitable response.

Please help.

Many thanks.
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

All 'Benefit' payments like Illness Benefit are prsi related and are not means tested payments, like 'allowance' payments.

So you should have nothing to worry about as regards DSP

As regards the tax man that would depend on your personal situation but if its only a couple of grand if even that then I wouldn't be worrying about it.

Advertisement