Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Hotels And B&B's Near The Phoenix Park

Options
  • 11-06-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be going up to the Phoenix Park next month. I'm just wondering if there are any cheap hotels or b&b's nearby that you would recommend. By cheap, I mean around €60 or less or at least around that price range.

Thanks for any helpful answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I was actually just looking up about the Generator Hostel near the Jameson distillery and it seems like a decent place. Anyone here ever stayed there and if so, would you recommend it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

http://www.dublingatelodge.com/index.html

Fairly cheap and cheerful I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 moranorla

Depends which end of Phoenix Park but if its the Navan Road side then check out: http://www.travelodge.ie/phoenix-park-hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I've stayed in the one in London and it was great.
    Clean and cheap, but don't except anything fancy.
    Suas11 wrote: »
    I was actually just looking up about the Generator Hostel near the Jameson distillery and it seems like a decent place. Anyone here ever stayed there and if so, would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

OP, the PP is very, very big. What part of it are you going to? Are going to be on foot, or relying on taxis or buses to get to and from your hotel or B&B? Cars and taxi's can drive thru the PP, but buses can not. Several Dublin Bus routes will drop you off beside the gates to the park, but none of them (that I know of) can actually drive thru it.

Chesterfield Avenue is the main north/south road in the PP. It connects the Castleknock Gate & the Parkgate St Gate. It is 5km long. The east/west routes (between the Chapelizod/Islandbridge Gates and the Navan Rd/Ashtown Gates) are probably just as long.

If you have a car, don't worry about it, you'll be fine. But if you are going to be on foot or relying on public transport to get around, its gonna be best to book somewhere close to where in the PP that you are actually going. You'll be doing a serious amount of walking if you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

ProudDUB wrote: »
    OP, the PP is very, very big. What part of it are you going to? Are going to be on foot, or relying on taxis or buses to get to and from your hotel/B&B? Cars and taxi's can drive thru the PP, but buses can not. They will drop you off close to all of the main gates to the park, but none of them (that I know of) can drive thru it.

Chesterfield Avenue is the main north/south road in the PP. It connects the Castleknock Gate & the Parkgate St Gate. It is 5km long. The east/west road (between the Chapelizod/Islandbridge Gates and the Navan Rd/Ashtown Gates) is probably just as long.

If you have a car, don't worry about it, you'll be fine. But if you are going to be on foot or relying on public transport to get around, its gonna be best to book somewhere close to where in the PP that you are actually going.

It's the Stone Roses' gig that I'm going to so I think I'll be using the Parkgate entrance. I'll be traveling from the hotel to the Phoenix Park by foot or taxi.

Advertisement