Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on selling a classic car

Options
  • 11-06-2012 3:10pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, can anyone give me some advice please? Unfortunately my beloved 911 is now up for sale - and I need some advice on how best to sell it. She is a "Carrera 3" which is a pretty rare model of 911, the one before the SC which is much more widely well known.

I just put it on a few Irish sites for now but will be also advertising it in the UK on pistonheads and some of the classic car sites as well - but I'm sure there are many other places also.

There are currently 3 other cars of the same model and type on Pistonheads for about £20k - and there were some others at the same money which sold recently. I'm not looking for anywhere near that money. Mine is in really good condition and mechanically excellent - a few small things that were on my list that I have not got around to but nothing that would be a show stopper for anyone.

Because of its rarity I was thinking of putting it on ebay and then blasting it around all the websites etc. I saw a C3 with some bodywork & rust issues sell for £14k on ebay in January - and the seller said the top 3 bidders were from the US and Asia.

Then again I have yet to advertise it widely and hopefully if I put it on for £15k on pistonheads it would go quickly as being so much better value that all the others.

Any advice on how to give it the best chance of selling would be much appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

Advertisement