Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloy wheels for A6 Avanat 2009

Options
  • 11-06-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,

Looking for some advice on where to get a set of alloy wheels for my 2009 A6 avant.
    currently I have standard 17" audi alloys on it but was thinking of putting on the new RS6 alloys on it. 18" I think would be big enough.

So where is the best place to get them?

And when fitting new alloys on to a car - apart from tracking is there anything else that would need to be done?

Thanks in advance,

Kavo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Hi there, fellow Audi man here...

I have always found http://www.Alloy-Wheels.ie competitive for all sorts of stuff. They are based in Blanchardstown and I have been bringing my car there for quite a while now for all wheel / suspension work. They have a range of alloys in stock but can order stuff in too. Fitting / balancing / valves and disposal of old tires is included in their prices. There is a guy called Keith in there who should be able to sort you out but if you can't get him then they will all be able to help out. I have just always dealt with Keith...

Are you think about replica RS6 alloys or the real deal?

Think about your choice of tyre also seeing as you have to buy a set, buy as good quality as you can afford, they are the only thing between you and the road afterall. If you don't mind the trade off, you could get replica RS6's and spend a few quid extra on good tires, but to some people that would be sacrilige (buying replicas that is!).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 KAVO007

thanks for feedback

so what model do you have? I am on to my second audi and love them.

that site looks good and I wouldn't be that bothered about driving replicas as long as they don't crack!!!! I hear you about the tyres.

did you get replacement wheels from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

KAVO007 wrote: »
    thanks for feedback

that site looks good and I wouldn't be that bothered about driving replicas as long as they don't crack!!!! I hear you about the tyres.

Might be worth a call to Traynors salvage up the North for a set of real rims. Was always a fan of the OEM wheels, they just seem to be a lot stronger than replicas, at the end if the day you get what you pay for and some of the cracks I've seen appear in the cheaper replica wheels would shock you ( not necessarily all Audi replicas but a good deal of them were )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Try www.autoalloys.com Great gallery of customer cars to let you see what they look like on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

KAVO007 wrote: »
    thanks for feedback

You're welcome. I have a 2004 A4 Avant, loving it very much and probably will stick with Audi for the foreseeable future, and if not Audi then definitely the VAG stable.

Yeah I guess some of the common stuff you hear about replicas is that they aren't as strong as OEM stuff, but I guess that doesn't apply to all reps, and like anything else, I'm sure that there are good reps and bad reps.

No I haven't got replacement wheels from them but I have bought suspension stuff from them and other bits and pieces. I know a shedload of people who have bought alloys from them and have very positive feedback from their experiences. Their prices are generally quite competitive too.

Make sure you let us know how you get on and put up a picture if your car with the new rims when you get them!

Ro

• Advertisement
Advertisement