Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Implant advice?

Options
  • 11-06-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Im looking for some affordable options to get my mouth fixed up, I have had 2 molars beside each other removed on upper l/h side and have lost a canine on the other side where the incisor beside it has moved out to fill the gap leaving a gap towards the front also.
    After a number of cleaning sessions/ consultations with my dentist i have got my gums in to respectable shape as i had severe gingivitis and know what i need to have done but unfortunately the price is out of reach for me at the minute.

What I need/ plan to get is;
    To replace the canine tooth get a bonded implant on the tooth behind it and a veneer on the incisor to fill the gap to the front Quoted £700stg for this

And the 2 rear teeth I would like to get implants as there seems to be enough bone there to leave a lasting fix with them but @ £2000 each thats out of the question

So ive been shopping around and was pointed towards dentists in Bulgaria by a friend that's living out there (free accommodation if i was to go there) there web site claims implants "From" €400 so i could possibly get all done for around €1500-€2000 out there inc. flights

My next problem is that ive applied for a job in Australia and am looking like i'm going to get it and dont know how long it will take for visa etc to come through from what i hear it could take from 3-18 months so if i was to start to get implants in Bulgaria (or here) and my visa came through could they be finished off in Australia by another dentist?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Sounds very messy OP. Wait until you know what's going on in your life before embarking on irreversible dental treatment. BTW quality dental care especially advanced procedures such as implants cannot be done successfully in short period of time or while on short visits.

On a side note, I get implants from Eastern Europe coming into me and I have no idea what they are or where I would get parts. Make sure the implants are from one of the big 5 implant companies used all over the world.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

From a purely practical,as opposed to dental,viewpoint, this sounds like it could be potentially very complicated. History of severe gum disease(treated in Ireland), extensive invasive dental treatment (implants in Bulgaria), &then reviews/maintenance by yet another, 3rd, dentist (in Australia).
    Have you researched/discussed "complications related to dental implants"-short,medium&longterm? (complications can happen no matter what nationality)
    Obv there's a "want" in relation to the implants, but is there an immediate,urgent, "need"?
    Re the spacing at the front, would composite be an option for now?
    Ideally you should wait until you know which side of the world you'll be living in for the forseeable future, then decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 conora2b

Well the implants are not really a necessity and if they were to cost £2000 each they wont be done.
    The canine and the veneer beside it is noticeable and i would really like to get it sorted before i go to Australia and my dentist says it'll only take 2 weeks but for £700
    So I was hoping there might be a way i could get that done and the posts fitted for the implants abroad for little more than the £700 in one visit and leave plenty of time for the bone to grow round them and gather money for the second stage of it whether it was to be in eastern Europe or in Australia.

It wouldn't really be cost effective for me to go abroad to get the bonded tooth and veneer on there own as flights etc would soon add up to £700 and i hate the thought of paying £700 for what might cost €300 abroad, so as another idea are there any cheaper dentists working in Ireland that could just do the bonded tooth and veneer for a better price Ive heard of Polish dentists operating at almost Polish prices in Ireland but dont know where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

yeah unfortunately often these fast dentists often do a rubbish job.....and then your australian can't get parts and even if they could the implant are going at all angles....seriously OP you only get one chance to do this correctly, stop trying to cut corners all you will find is dentists willing to cut corners also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 conora2b

Well the last thing i want is a botched job.
    but with Irish prices the Implants wont ever be done as there not essential i'll never spend £4000 on them and wont risk cutting in to the good teeth round them to get a bridge im used to them being gone so they can stay that way.

So whats the best option for the bonded Implant/bridge? to replace the canine and a veneer does £700 sound about right for that?

also heard my brother talking about getting cheap work done in a dentist collage in Dublin think it was only fillings he got but would they do this kind of work too? he said the work was great as there was a professor of dentistry watching the whole time

If i had the £700 i'd get it done but i really cant afford to spend that much and have enough to be comfortable when i go to Australia

• Advertisement
Advertisement