Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo on/near a scar

Options
  • 11-06-2012 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭

I have a quick question as to whether anyone had had a tattoo's on or near a scar and what are the risks and pain?

I am also completely new to tattoo's so excuse this question if it sounds stupid, I land in Dublin the 14-15th June, I will then be heading of traveling a bit and playing sport. How soon can I go into the ocean/pool or play sport after?

I am sick of people oohhing and ahhing at it so I want to make a joke out of it to p*ss them off even more.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

If you have a look at my post here, there's a few scars on my arm the one just above the koi's eye is quite raised.

It wasn't any more painful or anything, just keep in mind that the ink is more likely to migrate on scar tissue so lots of detail isn't advisable.

Also make sure the artist you go 2 has experience covering scars.

Advertisement