Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Planning for tank?

• 10-06-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm thinking of building a runoff tank for a dung stead. I plan to put down a slab (9m x 10m) and gullies to pipe the runoff into the tank which would be about 4m x 6m.

Would I need planning for this? I've been trying the County Council and Teagasc to get some info but with no luck so far. :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

no planning needed for such a structure, crack on and answer questions later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

As long as it is not with in 200 metres of another persons house or well and I believe also there is a distance from a public road you are OK as long it is build to deot standard's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Check the schedule of exempted developments listed for Agriculture in the planning and development act, Schedule 2 or 3 I think off the top of my head. If in doubth ask your co council for a section 5 declaration, which costs about 80 for them to say its exempt from planning.

Advertisement