Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RE: IT or University for GEM

Options
  • 10-06-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey there,

Hope this is in the right section but It is more concerned with GEM rather than the Leaving Cert.

I have for the past few years been hoping to do GEM here in Ireland after my first degree. I am now hoping to go to Sligo IT and study Pharmaceutical Science (Its a Level 8). I know about the 2.1 rule and the GAMSAT Scores but I am at my wits end wondering if I am making a mistake by going to an IT instead of a University. I live close enough to Sligo IT so it would allow me to save up for GEM and ease the pressure for GEM (Should I try & get accepted for GEM).

So Basically my question is does an Institute of Technology Degree equal to a University Degree when applying for GEM either here or in the UK? (Considering Either would be a Level 8 Degree)
    It would be absolutely wonderful if someone who studied in an IT before doing Graduate entry Medicine could contact me or respond as it would take so much pressure, worry and anxiety off me.

Thank you so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DeadEight

It doesn't matter where you get the Level 8 degree from, so long as you get a 2.1 or above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kingofkong

make sure IT offers a level 8 (honors degree) after 3 or 4 years, sometimes in ITs it's 4 years for an ordinary degree followed then by a 5th year to get the honors level

Advertisement