Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standby mode or not?

Options
  • 10-06-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,837 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice here guys. Is it better to leave a LCD TV in standby all the time as opposed to switching off at night and on the next day again? Nothing to do with power consumption but all about what method gets the longest life from the TV.

I'm getting conflicting advice from family and friends so would welcome the opinion of the experts.

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,346 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I have a Philips 42" LCD which is 2009 vintage. The specs. say that 'typical' power consumption is 146W and standby consumption is 0.15W i.e. 1/1,000 of the operating consumption so apart from the infra-red receiver which picks up signals from the remote, there's not much going on inside. I'd say leave it in standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Ye exactly , the main part to worry will be the screen, the more its on the less life it'll have,

Leaving it on stand by won't affect that

Advertisement