Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working during GEM & possibility of finding work

Options
  • 10-06-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi guys

Quick question..

How likely is it that someone coming over from the UK with a previous degree and 5 years experience working in an IT company (project management) can find work in Ireland? I wouldn't mind what it is, bar work etc is fine.

Also, what would the average wage be? Minimum wage ?

I'm just trying to put together a budget and have forecasted 6-7 hours per week @ €8.50 per hour. Is this realistic?

Also, is there any regional variation in amount of work available and wage - ie Dublin vs cork / limerick?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭51533823

shaz84 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Quick question..

How likely is it that someone coming over from the UK with a previous degree and 5 years experience working in an IT company (project management) can find work in Ireland? I wouldn't mind what it is, bar work etc is fine.

Also, what would the average wage be? Minimum wage ?

I'm just trying to put together a budget and have forecasted 6-7 hours per week @ €8.50 per hour. Is this realistic?

Also, is there any regional variation in amount of work available and wage - ie Dublin vs cork / limerick?

Cheers

Just finished 1st year here. Personally, I know that I couldn't have worked last year. I'm your average student, not very organised or disorganised. But like you, I was from a non-science background which means the workload for the first year in particular is huge.

I can't speak for future years, maybe it gets a bit better. My 2 cents!

Advertisement