Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deviant Art Sucks

Options
  • 10-06-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey,

Anyone else get frustrated with the amount of rubbish on DA? I was so much so that I closed my account. When asking why I am closing my account I truthfully said:

"Far too much of the same ridiculous, big busted, three tailed fox type sh!te on this site"

It is actually flooded with that type of stuff that you can't really find any of the artwork you want

D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

Check out Dribbble, it could be your cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

DA is full of weird stuff and weird people. I don't get it most of the time. I tend to stay in the Design & interface section, so I'm safe enough from the weird ****e.
    I'd love to be able to browse the home page without finding some weird pictures every two seconds. I'd recommend just finding a bunch of pages that have stuff you'd be interested and just keeping to their stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Daawaa wrote: »

"Far too much of the same ridiculous, big busted, three tailed fox type sh!te on this site"

:D I don't get it, what is that?

Yeah, been on there once or twice, I didn't go back as I felt like I was wading through so much rubbish.

I like the conceptart.org website though, interesting forum with loads of info, the sketchbook section is very popular...good for a nose around.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

Try http://cghub.com/chart/type:images/
    Some very talented people in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Try Behance, it's more... professional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

de·vi·ant/ˈdēvēənt/

Adjective: Departing from usual or accepted standards, esp. in social or sexual behavior.

Clue is in the name... You should kind of expect weird stuff there, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Daawaa

Well the thing is I used to use it alot about a year back, and it was one of the best sites out there for talented artists. But I went back on there recently to try and find a 3d character that saw previously and found my search was full of the following type of nonsense:

http://cartman6x6.deviantart.com/art/the-kanker-sister-3d-110322876?q=boost%3Apopular%20in%3Adigitalart%2F3d%2Fcharacters%203d&qo=73

http://vashs-angel.deviantart.com/art/Cow-Girl-3D-Modelsheet-274033727?q=boost%3Apopular%20in%3Adigitalart%2F3d%2Fcharacters%203d%20cow&qo=1

Fair enough there might be a group of people that like this stuff but I wish there was an option to filter it out

And thanks for the suggestions I will have a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

I used to use it alot but due to a lack of time lately I haven't done much on it in a while. While I do really like the site I have to agree with the amount of crap on it (my works included). But for some reason thats a characteristic I also like about the site - no matter how poor my skills are i never feel like i'm being judged by anyone who thinks they know better when in reality they might not actually see my reasons for doing whatever it is I did

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I've found a lot of good pieces and Deviants on DA. You just have to go through the homepage, look at the Daily deviations and look up random words or the names of things you like and the most popular ones are usually good.
    If you want..check out my page - http://justaspoonfulofanime.deviantart.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I used to use it alot but due to a lack of time lately I haven't done much on it in a while. While I do really like the site I have to agree with the amount of crap on it (my works included). But for some reason thats a characteristic I also like about the site - no matter how poor my skills are i never feel like i'm being judged by anyone who thinks they know better when in reality they might not actually see my reasons for doing whatever it is I did
    I haven't submitted to mine in ages....busy working more on improving rather than publicizing...i want to make sure i have something worth publicizing first lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement