Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mag question

Options
  • 10-06-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm relatively new to co2 airsoft guns, shot a few but never owned one. Sorry if this has been answered many times. I bought a second hand co2 pistol the other day and got around to buying a few co2 canisters.

I put the first co2 canister in tightened and then the whole canister emptied, put another one in being careful of how much i tightened it and it punctured and started hissing then the canister emptied within a few minutes.

Is my mag leaking or am I doing it wrong?

I was thinking of just buying a green gas mag because it's much easier to fill, will a WE 1911 mag fit a SW1911PD model 1911?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

charlie_69 wrote: »
    I'm relatively new to co2 airsoft guns, shot a few but never owned one. Sorry if this has been answered many times. I bought a second hand co2 pistol the other day and got around to buying a few co2 canisters.

I put the first co2 canister in tightened and then the whole canister emptied, put another one in being careful of how much i tightened it and it punctured and started hissing then the canister emptied within a few minutes.

Is my mag leaking or am I doing it wrong?

I was thinking of just buying a green gas mag because it's much easier to fill, will a WE 1911 mag fit a SW1911PD model 1911?

No I doubt it, WE's are like a modified clone version of a tokyo marui 1911. different striker system and mag size to the tokyo marui so they dont fit.

The point I'm making is chances are the sw1911 is possibly a marui clone so other brand mags like tokyo marui, kjw might fit. Just google it and see what pops up. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 charlie_69

No I doubt it, WE's are like a modified clone version of a tokyo marui 1911. different striker system and mag size to the tokyo marui so they dont fit.

The point I'm making is chances are the sw1911 is possibly a marui clone so other brand mags like tokyo marui, kjw might fit. Just google it and see what pops up. Hope this helps.

Thanks I think I found it http://www.hobbyairsofter.com/Airsoft-Accessories/Magazines/Pistol-Mags/Smith-and-Wesson-Taurus-1911-PD-PT-Co2-Magazine-by-KJWorks

Does it sound like my mags leaking though or am I putting the co2 in wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

mags are leaking mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Yup, definitely magazine's are leaking.

Get yourself a valve key! For Co2 pistols it is an absolute necessity. You can fix the vast majority of leaks on the fly, and not be caught without your sidearm. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't fix all of them...but it does definitely help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

and silicon oil :) amazing stuff for airsoft gas guns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MrTime

think you were looking for gas mag , that one is co2

I have same gun KJW S&W 1911PD , co2 , 28 round mag, plastic Koba grips

cant find it on the KJW site but they have a model KP-05 which looks very similar except fot S&W markings and it can take co2 or gas mags, also see a KP-07 MEU

are they all basically compatible? for mags and other components?

I see description HI CAPA used a lot is this a model or description of these guns

not to be confused with their 1911 model with a narrow grip and single stack mag, for gas or co2 mags

I would also like to try a gas mag but not clear on compatible models

would appreciate any clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

MrTime wrote: »
    I see description HI CAPA used a lot is this a model or description of these guns

I don't know if I'm right with this but I think a Hi-Capa is any 1911-style gun with a double stack magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

All KJW 1911's are Marui compatible, which means any parts for the Marui Hi-Capa's or 1911's will work with the KJW platform.

The KJW KP-05 (S&W1911PD, Taurus PT1911 etc), KP-06 (Rail Concept) and KP-08 all use the same magazine design - both Green Gas & Co2. The Co2 magazines are definitely the way forward though. Just get yourself a valve key and carry out regular maintenance and you're sorted.

The KP07 is the same as the 1911A1 - the magazines are NOT cross compatible with the KP05, KP06 or KP08.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MrTime

thanks Inari

confirms what I suspected

• Registered Users Posts: 9 charlie_69

Got that mag and it fits and works well, except now im having another problem, everytime i shoot the gun cocks back like its out of bbs and have to push it forward, I was told there was problems with the upper receiver on this gun, anyone know what I can do to fix the problem?

• Advertisement
Advertisement