Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&K full auto problem

Options
  • 10-06-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

I was having a problem with my newly purchased a&k m249 , the gun will continue to fire after I have released the trigger , |This problems comes and goes but I still would like it fixed!! I also replaced the gears with a set of classic army gears because the a&k ones stripped after around 500 shots !! and were closely followed by the stock piston !! so after I replaced the piston gears and motor I am having this problem with full auto does any one know what is going on or even where I should start looking !!

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

It is probably one of two things either the contacts are sticking in the Honeywell type micro switch that is used it the 249 gearbox.
    You can get a replacement in Maplin but check the Ampage rating printed on the side of the switch as they range from 3amps to 15amps
    You will need the 15amp one

The other possibility is that the flat lever coming from the switch is catching/rubbing against the inside of the body housing and may need a 1-2mm piece cut off,
    I have had to cut the lever of one before and 2 others had to be just bent back into shape as they are very thin and easily bent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭facemelter

DeBurca wrote: »
    It is probably one of two things either the contacts are sticking in the Honeywell type micro switch that is used it the 249 gearbox.
    You can get a replacement in Maplin but check the Ampage rating printed on the side of the switch as they range from 3amps to 15amps
    You will need the 15amp one

The other possibility is that the flat lever coming from the switch is catching/rubbing against the inside of the body housing and may need a 1-2mm piece cut off,
    I have had to cut the lever of one before and 2 others had to be just bent back into shape as they are very thin and easily bent

Thanks for the help , Once I take of the complete trigger group and pistol grip I can see the flat lever and I can operate the gun fine, it stops firing once I release it. it seems that the problem is caused by the lever catching on something. I'll have a closer look at it a bit later. Thanks again !

Advertisement