Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recently single & lonely

Options
  • 10-06-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

How do people get over the desire to have female company? I feel weird as im only out of a long term relationship (and in my early twenties), yet I already feel like I need to be in a relationship again. Ill be blunt about it, I miss snuggling up, having a laugh and erm the sexual side of things too. I think this isn't normal because the last thing on my mind should be a need for these things, given that the last relationship ended really badly. Keeping busy with friends isn't really helping, there's always that nagging feeling at the back of my mind. And Ill be honest, sex is probably the thing I miss most. Im not the type who wants to go out and get sex on tap, I prefer to like a person first. But im seriously considering trying!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Your only out of a long term relationship naturally you are going feel some sort of loss and loneliness.
    It's very normal to miss all the things in a relationship cuddling, sex etc.
    IMO After a while you will realize that it's not the sex you are really missing it's the person you where having sex with that you are missing.
    If sex is an issue do what other people do to and fill your sexually needs by masturbation. Don't go out looking for sex or have sex with random people, IMO you will only feel worse for it.

Its natural to have that nagging feeling. Your clearly hurting after the break up and It's gonna take time and be hard for short while.
    You need to try harder at your working on your own Independence. Join a gym, take up a sport, watch a box set of your favorite TV show. There is loads you can do that will help take your mind off things. Keep yourself and mind busy. Talk to a close friend or family member about how you are feeling, this will also help.

It gets easier, it just takes time, strength and focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

Hi there
    I felt the same after I split with my BF I just wanted to meet someone and I know that by going out with your mates on nights out looking for someone else just makes it worse because the more you try the more you wont find someone and end up feeling worse. Dont despair just learn to be on your own like I did. Im happy on my own now lol being able to do what I like with my mates when I want etc. It will happen in time I promise so dont worry. If you want to talk PM me :) all the best

Advertisement