Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheen woods

Options
  • 10-06-2012 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Is Raheen Woods in tuangraney open to the public to walk in?
    And is there loop trails in it or is it just a park?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Would be on the road to Scarriff, Mountshannon frequently, and never even thought about doing these walks. A really lovely part of the world. I must go on one of the walks someday, and soak it up properly.
    If I walked the Scarriff to Killaloe trail, how the heck do I get back up to Scarrif to get the car lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

Finnt wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Is Raheen Woods in tuangraney open to the public to walk in?
    And is there loop trails in it or is it just a park?
    Thanks

Raheen Woods is open to the public and can be quite busy with walkers especially in the mornings and at weekends. There is a lovely short (2 mile) loop which you could start from the main wooden gate, veer left about a mile in and then this route will bring you back out the road again opposite the old church in Tuamgraney. You would then have to walk up the road to the main entrance if that is where you've left your car. It's a lovely walk and the stream depending on recent rain or lack of it can be be very enchanting to watch.

There are longer routes to take also, one of which would involve turning right a mile in and taking a longer loop which could eventually either bring you back inside the wood or althernatively bring you out at Raheen hospital. Wallkers in the wood would be better able to direct you along those routes than I can here.

At different times of the year parts of the route can be quite wet underfoot.

Enjoy. It really is a lovely place to walk.

Advertisement