Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bump envy?!

Options
  • 09-06-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi
    apologies in advance this is a bit of a moan.

I am 24 weeks pregnant and my pregnancy bump is not that big / is a funny shape. Maternity trousers keep falling down, dont seem to sit right. The top of my bump is quite normal in shape. The lower part, kinda belly button down comes in quite a bit, so its not even.

Now to be fair I had this problem with my first child also. In fact I was not much bigger than I am now first time round before I gave birth. Doesn't help that I have a 33 - 34 inch inside leg so its a nightmare to find the right length trousers anyway. Not a skirt fan, and not practical to wear where I work either.

To top that off my boobs dont seem to have grown this time at all. I was a C cup before getting pregnant both times. I am still a C cup now, but was an E cup at this stage last time.

Small problems I know in the great scheme of things; but does anyone else have bump envy? I would love to have a nice bump instead of this funny shaped one which maternity trousers dont seem to fit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I always had bump envy. On number 1 it was because I didn't have one, at all, for the whole pregnancy. People found it hard to believe I was full term.

On number 2 and 3 it was because of the shape of them, my bumps were all over the place. I would have loved a round bump like everyone else had, but nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

I am envious of people who have a 'tidy' bump and who can keep some part of their figure while pregnant. I resemble a little elephant by the time I'm due (I'm very small height wise). I"m 12 weeks now, no sign of bump yet but give it another 4 weeks or so and there will be no hiding it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I started showing very early. by 20 weeks it was fairly obvious and i could have passed for someone that was 7 months pregnant. I have 5 weeks to go...which, lets face it, is over a whole month away yet, and i'm sick of the "oh, have you not had your baby yet?" "god you're all bump!" "another 5 weeks!! god i thought you were due ages ago!" "you're huge already and baby does all its growing in the last few weeks..."

My only saving grace is that i haven't really put on much weight elsewhere..
    But people can be sooooooo insensitive...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I always envied those women who had bumps but were still lovely and slim everywhere else. My bump was huge near the end but it literally grew overnight at around 23 weeks and from then on I felt like a whale.

At the end I had this massive round bump, a moon face and piggy eyes. Very attractive indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Thanks ladies.

Glad to see that I am not the only one with "bump" issues. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

My first bump was awful, nothing worked. You know that bit of elasticated material on maternity trousers? It never covered it and kept slipping down it was so annoying. So I bought trousers a size bigger than i was and pulled them up over the bump and that worked. Wasn't perfect solution, but it was something.

Second time I had a great bump, was round, low, perfect for maternity trousers, I even got away with wearing maternity dresses for a couple of special occasions. First time would never have got away with that without looking massively fat instead of pregnant lol

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

My first baby I carried her high and she was a lovely neat, round bump no weight on anywhere else... just as well really I was still in my school uniform (ya, ya I was 18, pregnant doing my leaving... an eejit so I was!! :D)

This time around (being 10 years older, stable-er and with a couple of letters after my name, lol!) and at 21 weeks I have a low bumb but it's still neat. It's very rounded- my hips have moved out a little and my boobs have gone from D to DD!

We're having a boy, old wives tales state that a low, rounded bump means a boy, but an scan officially told us!! ;) I haven't put up that much weight (YET!) this time either but that may be due to the fact that I'm still getting sick. I don't fit into my nice work pants anymore and bought some maternity jeans in H&M with the band and they are working out lovely. I find a lot of jersey dresses or that stretch cotton in a bigger size work well for me and are light and comfy :D

Advertisement