Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flags and decorations - Scarriff - Killaloe Rd

Options
  • 09-06-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Cycling along between Scarriff and Killaloe today I noticed a lot of coloured flags and decorations. I presumed it was in support of the local hurling team and then as I went further along the flags changed colour, so I then thought the two teams were playing each other. However even further along was a third colour so then I just got confused! Anyone care to fill a non-native in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Its to do with this:

http://www.clarecourier.ie/article.asp?id=3295

The community of Ogonnelloe on the shore of Lough Derg is organising month long festival throughout June entitled Dergfest, Festival of Tribes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks, sounds like fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

mel.b wrote: »
    Thanks, sounds like fun

It's going on for the month of June. It's great aul craic.

There are different days and nights that each team have to as many people as possible taking part in different events

Sa far we've had the Pub Olympics night (Darts, 45, Set Dancing, Draughts, Rings, Wii, Bridge)

The Sports Day (5k Run, Lawnmower Grand Prix, Slow Bicycle Race, Tug o War, Egg Throwing, Donkey Derby)

The Wet Day (200m Swim, Raft Races, Various Boat/Canoe Races)

This aturday night we are having a local version of Take me out

And the final big competition night is at the end of June when each of the 3 teams has to put on a half hour variety show.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

heya, i cant find an itinerary.. does anyone know what is on sunday? i'd love to go up for a look sunday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

Sorry Willow - All the Day activities are over. There is only 1 night left now - That is the Dram which will be on Saturday week. Each of the 3 tribes has to put together a half hour variety show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

thanks, i drove up on sunday but of course i'd missed it all.. oh well next year i'll catch it.. i think ye were doing 'take me out' that night actually.. i liked how they had the kings areas marked out on the way to the venue (which is a beautiful venue):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I think there is a festival on in Killaloe/Ballina this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I think there is a festival on in Killaloe/Ballina this weekend.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056674123

Advertisement