Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find holiday or short term rental in Balbriggan, help please!

Options
  • 09-06-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm looking to rent a small house or apartment in Balbriggan for a few days over Christmas and can find absolutely no leads online. I've tried daft.ie and called a few of the local letting agents but no luck so far. I was hoping someone on here might have a lead or an idea?

It will be for my partner and I, our two year old and our three week old baby(!). We'll be visiting my family for Christmas and there's too many of us now to fit into my Mother's house. Would ideally like a holiday let but thought maybe a family home that the owner is happy to let for a few days while they are away could work.

I need cooking facilities ideally to sterilise baby's bottles etc.. We live in London and are both clean, non-smoking professionals in our 30's. Any and all advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lin2009

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check out the b and b, the hotel is a last option for us as we'll have a lot of baby paraphenalia and two travel cots in addition to our luggage so I'm hoping for a bit more space.

Am I being a bit unrealistic to think I'll find a house or flat in Balbriggan for such a short stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Lin2009 wrote: »
    Am I being a bit unrealistic to think I'll find a house or flat in Balbriggan for such a short stay?

I think possibly so, as for many people its just not worth the hassle. You might have more luck closer to the time. That way, any landlords who have a vacant property would be glad of a few quid. But right now, they are not going to hold off a permanent let in honour of a few days.

Balbriggan isn't much of a holiday town, so no short term let places in the town, not even a caravan park. But as I say, perhaps closer to the time? If you came back on here in November, I am sure you would get contacts for a few landlords who would rent to you if they have a vacant property.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,754 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I would say that a Guesthouse or B&B would be the way to go. Find one with a good-sized family room & you'll easily fit in a couple of travel cots. Also, they would probably be more than happy to help you out with sterilising bottles & all that.

It is a couple of miles outside Balbriggan, but I can highly recommend Woodview Farmhouse in the Blackhills. The owners are wonderful people & could certainly cater for your needs if they have availability.

• Advertisement
Advertisement