Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NQT applying for Jobs

Options
  • 09-06-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just finished up my PDE and am in the UK teaching at the mo ( I start on Monday until the end of July). I'm applying for jobs at home when I see something that suits.

I do not have a Teaching Council number. They send a form in July I think once my grades etc are in. Can I still apply for jobs that request a TC number?

Also what are the chances of getting decent hours at home, my subject is English.

Any info or advice would be great. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭electoralshock

I was thinking the same thing.

I have got the Garda Vetting number but waiting for a form from the Teaching Council.

I have a filled in application form here with 'Application in progress' wrote in for Teaching Council details.

It probably be thrown aside but you never know!

I say just go for it! What's the worst they could do?

English is always a popular subject for teachers. I say keep applying anyways!

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

Thanks, fingers crossed I get some hours this year. So frustrating to invest so much time and money and still not be sure of getting anything!

But must stay positive. Good luck to you too in the job hunt.

Advertisement