Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken crown on bridge

Options
  • 09-06-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭

I got a bridge fitted at Christmas time and some how managed to break one of the crowns last night. it was a zirconia crown and it was the front and end of the crown and some of the end on both the ones beside it that came off. ( Incisors) I thought this type of crown was suppose to be very strong and near impossible to break ? Should I be complaining to my dentist about it when I go see him on Monday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Zirconia is what the inside or core of the bridge is made of the ceramic on the outside is the same as any other bridge and infact zirconia bridges are prone to delimitation of the veneering ceramic.

I large scale fracture (assuming you did fall or crack if off something) should be covered without charge as its a problem with the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

south wrote: »
    I got a bridge fitted at Christmas time and some how managed to break one of the crowns last night. it was a zirconia crown and it was the front and end of the crown and some of the end on both the ones beside it that came off. ( Incisors) I thought this type of crown was suppose to be very strong and near impossible to break ? Should I be complaining to my dentist about it when I go see him on Monday?

Don't give him too hard a time, it is likely a fault of the lab that made it...
    Should be a free remake as long as it was this Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

just home from the dentist. the bridge has to be replaced at a cost of €1350 :mad: Didn't need to hear that when I'm broke:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

south wrote: »
    just home from the dentist. the bridge has to be replaced at a cost of €1350 :mad: Didn't need to hear that when I'm broke:(

Op, you should expect far longer lifespan than 6 months (provided you have told us all the relevant information...).
    This should not be your problem. The lab should re-make this for free and the dentist should fit it for free, end of story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

agree with Oral surgeon 100%. Is €1350 the same price you paid origionally?

• Advertisement
Advertisement