Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure

Options
  • 09-06-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    I hope someone can give me some advice.
    I cam off the pill in february due to crazy moodswings. My cycle seemed to get back into the swing of things pretty quickly and i was a v regular 28days.
    On Saturday, the condom split with my boyfriend but as I was due my period on Tuesday I wasn't extremely worried as I thought that meant I was not very fertile then anyway. I was kinda keeping an eye on cervical mucous too so that I knew when I ovulated and this month im pretty sure I did on the 22/23rd.
    But i haven't has my period yet...and I have really light cramping on and off for a few days.
    I have taken a pregnancy test and it was negative but even if I was pregnant it would be too soon to show up wouldn't it?
    Im driving myself mad on goolge and everything says that if I ovulated on the 22/23 then I really shouldn't be pregnant but why is my period so late all of a sudden then?

Can anyone offer me any advice? I have to register with a new dr next week as I moved. But id love to hear from anyone who has more of a handle on this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Hi,
    If you have a standard cycle 28 day cycle with ovulation at approx 14 days then the likelihood of you being pregnant is slim. Your egg doesn't live for long compared to the possible life cycle of sperm. However, this is never a guarantee :)

Your period could just be late because you are a little stressed about what happened...even stress that you are unaware of can throw your periods off their normal cycle :) You are right it's a little early to test for a sure result considering if ovulation did occur it wasn't that long ago.

Best of luck & try to relax :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

According to your post the condom broke on day 25 so if you ovulated in day 22-23 it would be very unusual to get pregnant although it is possible. Do a first response pregnancy test if you want to be absolutely sure as they're the most sensitive.

Advertisement