Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grundig TV has no picture in DTV mode

Options
  • 09-06-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, I have a Grundig GU19WDVDT 19" HD Ready LCD TV - DVD combi Player in my sons room and recently realized that its a freeview tv. So with the EURO's on I thought I found a "peacful solution" to watch the games! I set up all connections, tuned in all the saorview channels in DTV, Was getting excited at this stage...Perfect sound, 7 day channel listings, everything that goes with it... But no picture on any of the channels!!! After a short while with no picture, the station logo appears and moves across the screen as if the TV goes asleep like when a PC does and shows the "date" or "windows" screen saver. Anyone else have this issue with their TV in DTV mode?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This forum is for discussing TV shows, not TVs.

I'll move this to the Home Entertainment forum. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

bren.ryan wrote: »
    Hi, I have a Grundig GU19WDVDT 19" HD Ready LCD TV - DVD combi Player in my sons room and recently realized that its a freeview tv. So with the EURO's on I thought I found a "peacful solution" to watch the games! I set up all connections, tuned in all the saorview channels in DTV, Was getting excited at this stage...Perfect sound, 7 day channel listings, everything that goes with it... But no picture on any of the channels!!! After a short while with no picture, the station logo appears and moves across the screen as if the TV goes asleep like when a PC does and shows the "date" or "windows" screen saver. Anyone else have this issue with their TV in DTV mode?

The tv isn't / mpeg4 compatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

your tv is freeview compatable (mpeg2) not saorview compatable(mpeg4). If you want to watch soarview on this tv you'll have to use a set top box.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bren.ryan

Its an mheg5 TV so was delighted when i discovered that, so I'm a little confused/frustrated. Everything is there, but just no picture. Were would I be able to get a set top box?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

MHEG5 is just middleware, for stuff like interactive "red button" content, not to be confused with video formats like MPEG2/4.

Freeview, like Saorview, both use MHEG5 middleware, but Freeview (SD) is MPEG2, Saorview is newer MPEG4.

Any local electrical retailer should have a selection of Saorview-approved set top boxes to choose from.

• Advertisement
Advertisement