Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the term "well rounded" becoming irrelevant in MMA ?

Options
  • 09-06-2012 11:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭

Well rounded is a term still been used by commentators on MMA Live, UFC, Strikeforce etc. But surely it's becoming irrelevant, most fighters these days have got to be the full package, anything less and your opponent will very quickly zone in on it and punish you. So is describing an MMA fighter as "well rounded" irrelevant ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

No I don't think so. There's still a lot of guys who depend on their striking, or wrestling, or bjj etc.
    Fighters are generally becoming more well rounded but I don't think it's the norm just yet. Some guys will always be better in one aspect of their game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

People said I was 'well rounded' but I think that was more to do with my 'weight issues'.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

The day Pat Barry doesn't jump out of the mount like he's been scalded by a hot kettle I'll agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

CageWager wrote: »
    The day Pat Barry doesn't jump out of the mount like he's been scalded by a hot kettle I'll agree with you.

LMFAO!! True as well. Take a bow sir!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

CageWager wrote: »
    Excellent :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement