Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hard Folio Kindle 3 cover - €2.99 in Dealz

Options
  • 08-06-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭

I spotted them in Dealz in Athlone

Two colours:

Brown
    13889018?wid=300&hei=300

Red
    kind3hard.jpg
    Quality of them is really nice, the look out of place in the shop to be honest!

I bought one for my Sony Ts1 reader, the case is a little big for it but it does fit in it ok. It would be perfect as a case for travelling with it, but you might not use it everyday if that makes sense

For €2.99 it makes a good replacement for the padded envelope i was using as a case :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Would really be interested in the red one, I know 3 people who have gotten Kindles in the past month, they'd make a great gift! I've had my sony ereader for 4 1/2 years, still has the same dull cover on it, I wonder would these fit it also?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I got the brown one today, sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

anything for kindle 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

FWIW, Dealz in blanch SC had a full rack, all colours (as of 3.00pm today). As OP pointed out, decent quality for price.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Just to warn you that anyone who got a kindle in the last few months most likely got a kindle 4.

They are too small for these cases...Trust me I learnt the hard way :(

And yes I know it said kindle 3 when I bought it but was chancing my arm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mikesp

TechFreak wrote: »
    Just to warn you that anyone who got a kindle in the last few months most likely got a kindle 4.

They are too small for these cases...Trust me I learnt the hard way :(

If it's the brown one and you live/work in city centre I would happily buy it from you just to avoid the hassle of driving to Dealz. Mine is kindle 3.

C'mon, cheer up that face :)

About 30 left in Cork City centre.
    Bought one for my Sony, but as stated earlier, its a little to big.
    However, Quality is nice - and a bargain for that price!

Thanks OP

Forgot to add: They have black ones, too.
    But they are "top flip"..

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/notebook-and-ipad-accessories/for-kindle-keyboard-dln1788_17/prd/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Plenty in Drogheda too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Red one is very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 15 McN

Was coming on to add this deal :D Picked one up today for my kindle touch. Slightly big but still holds the kindle in place no problem. Delighted with it, had been about to pick one up in Tesco for 30, this one has a much nicer feel to it. Also picked up a
    little clip on reading light in dealz for 1.49

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Dealz Omni has them as well. A bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I saw this in Limerick, did look like a great deal. Don't have a Kindle though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Red one is very nice
    Yep, nice leather and a sort of ingrained motif that the others don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

would these be any good for kindle touch? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Does dealz still have these? Checked locally but nothing like that is on the shelves?

W.

They get them in sometimes but they sell out quickly. Last time I looked they had the brown one. I picked up a red one on eBay for €4 delivered though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Would these fit a 7" android tablet do you think?

I measured my Nexus 7 against my Kindle Keyboard and they're practically the same size. About 1cm difference in height. I can't tell you for certain as I gave my Philips Kindle cover away for free on adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

They get them in sometimes but they sell out quickly. Last time I looked they had the brown one. I picked up a red one on eBay for €4 delivered though.

Any idea of the seller? I've had a look and cant find any at that price delivered...

Thanks
    W.

I knew you'd ask me that! The seller ain't offering them anymore. What I did was a Buy It Now for sterling and it was free postage to the UK so I used the BT1 1AA trick. To that end I'd recommend the following auctions:

This, this or this. All come in under €4 with postage to BT1 1AA. I know they're not Buy It Now auctions but I doubt you'll have much competition in the bidding. Sorry but it's the best I can do. When I bought one two months or so ago there were loads of 'em on offer. Don't know what happened.

Just to prove I'm not full of it:

bull2_1.jpg

Hang on here's the auction.

None in The Square today :(

If you want you could pm me your addresses and I'll try to get one sent to each of you? If I'm successful and when the cover is in your possession you can pay me back. I won't go above €4. A little creepy maybe but I'm feeling oddly good-natured. Tis the season and all that.

If you want you could pm me your addresses and I'll try to get one sent to each of you? If I'm successful and when the cover is in your possession you can pay me back. I won't go above €4. A little creepy maybe but I'm feeling oddly good-natured. Tis the season and all that.

That's really kind of you :o! I'll pass though as it will give me a good excuse to go back next week and spend more money on things I don't need! Fair play to you though!

Advertisement