Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Goalscorer Betting (Question)

Options
  • 08-06-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭

In the Russia - Czech Rep game I bet on Pavlyuchenko to score first, before the game started, he didn't start the game, it was 3-1 when he came on, he then scored the next goal - does this count?

Can anyone post a link if there is one, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

No doesn't count you lost your bet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

You'd have had to have placed an in-play next goal scorer bet at the point he came on for that to count - or an anytime goal scorer bet (at smaller odds).

It is usually best to check (wait to see) the line-up before making FGS bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

Nearly sure you get your money back cos the first goal was scored and he wasn't on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Is that not if the player doesn't come on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I'll pop down to the bookies in the morning, chance me arm, thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

A refund/void-he had no chance to get the first goal. If it was 0-0 at the time( or 1-0 with an own goal scored) then the bet would have stood, even if he came on in injury time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

A refund/void-he had no chance to get the first goal. If it was 0-0 at the time( or 1-0 with an own goal scored) then the bet would have stood, even if he came on in injury time.

Is the correct answer. ^^ If a goal has been scored and the FGS Market settled before he comes on, then your bet is void and you get a refund of the stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Which is exactly how it went down - got a refund, but a boy can dream....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Which is exactly how it went down - got a refund, but a boy can dream....

if you had won - I'd be down the bookies putting money on each sub as first scorer !!

Advertisement