Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prazsky has disappeared?

Options
  • 08-06-2012 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Posting on behalf of an elderly friend who likes this drink in cans, it has disappeared from Tesco, Dunnes and Superquinn. Not so sure about Molloys though.
    So anyone know whats going on, has the suppliers stopped importing it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Not all stores carry the same stock. Prazky as of yesterday was still available in Dunnes. I know because I saw it with my own eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Which Dunnes is that?(Dublin) They ain't in Lidl either.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

gurramok wrote: »
    Which Dunnes is that?(Dublin) They ain't in Lidl either.

Lidl never did Prazsky I don't think, they are distributed by the same guys who do Karpackie, Royal Dutch, Dutch Gold, Druids etc so see if any of those are in the shop. I saw loads of Prazsky in my local Spar yesterday

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Lidl never did Prazsky I don't think, they are distributed by the same guys who do Karpackie, Royal Dutch, Dutch Gold, Druids etc so see if any of those are in the shop. I saw loads of Prazsky in my local Spar yesterday

Nick

Yes those brands are in the shops but Prazsky not. I have checked the following:(all northside Dublin)

Tesco Finglas, Santry, Roselawn Blanch
    Dunnes Finglas(charlestown),
    Superquinn(Finglas, Tyrellstown)

Not much but it looked to be a trend as every one of them did stock it before. Will have to check Spar as you say(Centra don't have them either).

gurramok wrote: »
    Yes those brands are in the shops but Prazsky not. I have checked the following:(all northside Dublin)

Tesco Finglas, Santry, Roselawn Blanch
    Dunnes Finglas(charlestown),
    Superquinn(Finglas, Tyrellstown)

Not much but it looked to be a trend as every one of them did stock it before. Will have to check Spar as you say(Centra don't have them either).

No clue man, fairly sure I saw it earlier picking up a few cans (Spar Ranelagh) but thats not to say its older stock. I did notice Prazsky changing the can spout (??) recently to a more narrower version which I don't like (I prefare drinking from the cans with a wider top) so I havn't got it in a while. This is the distributer so maybe fire off an email to them enquiring.

Nick

• Advertisement

Dunnes definitely have it. It's on special offer there at the moment!

Found it in Molloys, Finglas. Thanks for the help. I wonder which Dunnes branches ye are talking about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

6 tins for €6 in euro spar Rush at the moment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

still available in Tralee (not that its much good to you in Dublin!), but it is still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Never agreed with me, can't say I'll miss it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

24 cans for 20 euro in dunnes in macroom in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saw cans in supervalu deansgrange, either 4 for 4, or 6 for 6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

There was definitely an outage of it for a while a couple of months back. Where i work did not have it for maybe two months. I think it was something to do with Comans, the folk who import it, negotiating on a better price with the suppliers in Ceskyland.

Yeh, they're back on the shelves in the above stores who did not stock it at the time.

grenache wrote: »
    There was definitely an outage of it for a while a couple of months back. Where i work did not have it for maybe two months. I think it was something to do with Comans, the folk who import it, negotiating on a better price with the suppliers in Ceskyland.

Any development on Comans negotiation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Prazsky is my go to cheap beer, far better than the Dutch stuff and it's made by Staropramen who don't do bad beer. I picked up a few loose tins in the local shop and I noticed that one of them tasted different. Looked at the can and the spout was slightly different and the ingredients had changed slightly. I have noticed that it's gotten cheaper so maybe this is the reason. Can't say if it tasted worse or not but it must definitely be a cheaper product. Pity really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Any development on Comans negotiation?

Well we have back in now, and it's going at 4 for €4. So evidently, the negotiations went good!

I noticed today my local Spar only had 4 packs of prazsky, would love to know whats up :)

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    I noticed today my local Spar only had 4 packs of prazsky, would love to know whats up :)

Nick

Maybe they are just not ordering it. Tons of it where I work. We never had any shortages either.

Maybe they are just not ordering it. Tons of it where I work. We never had any shortages either.

Was a bit drunk last night posting that, yeah that makes sense :) . Spar seem to stop stocking certain beers at random sometimes, maybe their supplier issue?

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Prazsky has disappeared?
    Got four cans tonight in Euro spar and guess what? Yep now they have disappeared (down my neck) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I came across Prazsky by accident a good few months back and it's an excellent beer for the money - far better than any main stream beer (IMO). However recently I've got a few 'bad' cans. Strange thing is you buy a pack of four and one of them is bad (cloudy and bad smell) and the rest are fine. I've got five bad cans now in the last 10 days or so.

Most Centra stores stock them @ €4 for 4 cans BTW.

Gives desperate hang overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Not to me.

Most Belge, German & Czech beers I can drink without a problem.

Carlsberg / Heineken / Budweiser on the other hand I can only tollerate a couple of (actually I can't tollerate Bud at all) and I never feel good after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I had 4 last night and suffering badly today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I was in Prague last week, drove by a signpost for Prazsky, but no-one there had ever heard of the beer.

Not a good sign surely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I was in Prague last week, drove by a signpost for Prazsky, but no-one there had ever heard of the beer.

Not a good sign surely.
    It's not called "Prazsky" there. AFAIK it's a straight rebadge of Staropramen 10°.

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's not called "Prazsky" there. AFAIK it's a straight rebadge of Staropramen 10°.

That's weird, I wonder why they dropped the Staropramen label.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'd say it's because most places operate a one-beer=one-name policy. The beer sold as "Staropramen" here is Staropramen 12°. Rather than confuse people with "this is a different type of Staropramen", which is par for the course under the Czech tied house system, just call it something else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement