Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want a REAL STEEL tac vest

Options
  • 08-06-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

i want to get some genuine gear( tac-vests, holsters and the like) because i have went through 2 tac vests atm my replica MIC martime tac vest is holding up good ATM....i put my gear through hell and i want something that will last. so may please give me an idea for gear or just post a link to a good shop if you know any for REAL STEEL gear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

If you're willing to use ebay you can get some very good quality kit at reasonable prices. In particular you can find slightly older gear from the likes of Eagle industries, TAG, HSGI and other makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭callum wallace

If you're willing to use ebay you can get some very good quality kit at reasonable prices. In particular you can find slightly older gear from the likes of Eagle industries, TAG, HSGI and other makers.
    ohh thanks, but i am mainly looking for brand new stuff's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,531 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Get something from Warrior, Uktactical sell them.

Gotcha. Are you looking for a particular impression eg. Contemporary US special forces or just good quality robust gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

A post like this popped up a few days ago, like blay said warrior gear on uktactical. Best value for money you can get considering these are used in the real world. They are built to last.

I have a chest rig and the brother recently got a ricas compact from a fella here on boards and would strongly advise anyone to at least look at them, many variations and colours available, and Uktacticals customer service is excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭callum wallace

thanks for the suggestions lads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

you can also get Tmc. its great also very robust and lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭mack1984

Flyye vests are made to mil spec and most are direct copies of eagle industries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Don't bother with 5.11 way over-priced in most shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

UK Tactical's warrior gear all the way:
    http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/Warrior_Plate_Carriers.html

Their stuff is real steel kit and extremely hard wearing. It's also bloody heavy, especially the raptor vest, which weighs about 3.5kg empty. I'd recommend the RICAS compact vests - they're lighter and more flexible (that was the one I sold to Southerndandy's brother the other week).

There are cheaper options that'll do for airsoft - pantac stuff holds up quite well and some of the vests you can get cheap enough on Flecktarn.co.uk are also decent enough. Remember - the issue vests were not really up to scratch in the first place too - the original Osprey vests had huge issues for example - so it was companies like UK tactical and others who picked up the slack. This is why this stuff is as rock solid as it is. It's designed to hold up with being stuffed full of soft armour and ballistic plates, dragged through god knows what and coming out the other side of it. So ... in short ... it'll stand up to walting about as we do in airsoft.

• Advertisement

UK Tactical's warrior gear all the way:
    http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/Warrior_Plate_Carriers.html

Their stuff is real steel kit and extremely hard wearing. It's also bloody heavy, especially the raptor vest, which weighs about 3.5kg empty. I'd recommend the RICAS compact vests - they're lighter and more flexible (that was the one I sold to Southerndandy's brother the other week).

There are cheaper options that'll do for airsoft - pantac stuff holds up quite well and some of the vests you can get cheap enough on Flecktarn.co.uk are also decent enough. Remember - the issue vests were not really up to scratch in the first place too - the original Osprey vests had huge issues for example - so it was companies like UK tactical and others who picked up the slack. This is why this stuff is as rock solid as it is. It's designed to hold up with being stuffed full of soft armour and ballistic plates, dragged through god knows what and coming out the other side of it. So ... in short ... it'll stand up to walting about as we do in airsoft.

MerryDespot if you don't mind me asking, how do you find the RICAS compact vest in warmer weather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Do they have any vests that aren't in tan, black or multicam ? :rolleyes:

From looking at their site quite a few of the RICAS models come in olive drab.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

From looking at their site quite a few of the RICAS models come in olive drab.

Some UK Tac "lines" are available only in certain colours, e.g. the "elite ops" stuff is coyote tan or MTP/Multi-cam only if I recall, vs. black/tan/OD green.

So move around the different product lines, and if in doubt, e.g. you can find "Tan/Black/OD" for some stuff related to a particular product but not for the product itself, give them a call: it may just be a particular product out of stock or a website error.

All of the above plus olive drab and coyote brown. I thinks its down to the model of the rig aswell some colours are not available in some models.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

+1 for Warrior system here

Been through hell and back with mine, serious weather, mud, side of a cliff, the works.

Not a scratch, lifetime warranty aswell , worth the investment

I just went on to warriors home site and they are now available in other countries not that this is an advantage to us really as england is next door. The kit is now also available in a-tac's.

OP have a gawk on http://www.warriorassaultsystems.com/.

And just a bit of advice, if you see something you like in stock buy it quickly as they sell fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭goblin59

Advertisement