Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Combo Box

Options
  • 08-06-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Excuse me if this is a stupid question but I was wondering if you could use a Sky+ box as a DTT and Satellite combo box. There is an arial input on the back, what is that for? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wafa wrote: »
    Excuse me if this is a stupid question but I was wondering if you could use a Sky+ box as a DTT and Satellite combo box. There is an arial input on the back, what is that for? Thanks

No,the aerial input is just a loop through.Not many use it these days.

Skybox is satellite only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭zg3409

If you are wanting to get Saorview and Satellite channels without paying anything to Sky then a combo box is cheap and is one box only.

If you are subscribing to Sky you could also get a Saorview box, but there are no real extra channels on Saorview not on Sky pay.

If you want to drop paying Sky and get the same recording, pause etc with Irish channels best to buy a FreeSAT+HD box http://www.freesat.co.uk That box will allow recoding of UK channels including series link etc.

For the Irish channels get a Saorview box that can record. Really good recoring boxes for Saorview should be available in the next year which allow series link etc, but they have not been launched yet.

If you have a Saorview compatable TV you can feed the TV aerial via the aerial in and then out the RF2 to all other TVs in the house.

Explain what your setup is, number of TVs, what subscriptions, budget etc. and we can try advise.

Advertisement