Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoping to propose in Killarney. Advice needed. :-)

Options
  • 08-06-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello everybody.

I am planning on proposing in July to my wonderful/slightly mental girlfriend. My ideal is to get a boat from Ross Castle (Killarney) and propose in the middle of Lough Leane.

We there there before and it's spectacular. I would like to do it somewhere private and the idea of a boat came to me.

When I was there before, there were boats tied up at Ross Castle. Are these boats available for hire or does someone have to come with you? If you can hire them yourself, it would be ideal. However, if that's not possible, I would like to propose on Innisfallen island. The main thing is to get somewhere quiet, where no one can see me fluff my lines or see her laugh her head off/cry.

I have trawled through a good few websites and can't find anything. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I've been thinking about Glancar waterfall as a back-up so if there is somewhere really impressive, feel free to suggest.

Thanks,
    "H-C-Ted"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

Personally if I could have had my proposal anywhere I would have chosen Leitrim or Connemara.
    Go for a hike / walk up some hills, take a picnic basket, bottle of wine and find somewhere nice and private and "pop" the question.

My OH and I went away for a weekend in Waterford, went for a hike near Tramore, no one was around to see him fluff his lines and for me to cry. :)

Good Luck! Already I'm sure she'll be delighted from the fact that you're planning and putting some effort into it.

If you do go for Leitrim, we stayed in a fantastic bnb (4 poster bed and the works) on the edge of Lough Forest Park and then spent a great day in the Forest cycling, boating and walking the sky/tree bridge and that night wined and dined in Carrick on Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

I propossed in Killarney on Torc water fall. I'm from the area and it was something personnel to us.

Some of the Boats can be rented out although you might need someone to drive the boat. Deros of Killarney do trips around the gap of Dunloe and around the lakes if you contact them I'm sure they should be able to put you in touch with one of the boat guys in ross castle.
    If your planning on staying in a hotel in Killarney they will be able to help you out with contacting someone to rent a boat.

Also don't forget to have a back up it tends to rain in Killarney and the lake can be quite dreary when its pi$$ing rain.

hope it helps and Good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭paulbok

Lough Key Forest Park is in Roscommon, but is in a spectacular area of the country. The Arigna drive/ Keadue area is as scenic as anywhere in Kerry or Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Youcould contact some of the hotels around and ask them.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hugely Confused Ted!

Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it. I've got some good ideas now..... Of course I'm always willing to listen to other suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Trish21

Hi my fiancé proposed at Glencar Waterfall in Leitrim it's a gorgeous place and the valley is so scenic. We stayed in a fabulous suite with four poster bed in Kilronan Castle in Roscommon (not far from Lough Key Forest Park). It was a 45 min drive to Glencar and hadn't a clue were we were going. It rained abit when we were there but it was still fab.

Advertisement