Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I too much of a perfectionist?

Options
  • 08-06-2012 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I recently bought a brand new TV. It cost €800 and I am so careful about it, to the point of obsession!! Last night, as I was tidying cables, I saw a tiny spec on it, where I think a pixel may be off or something. Anyway, it is not at all noticeable when I am watching the TV as I am at a normal distance. The only time that I see this is when I am very close up to the TV and it is on a very bright background. In fact, I was still a bit worried about it today so I went with the screen cloth to find it but I couldn't see it. Eventually, after about 10-15 mins of searching:o I managed to spot it!

The thing is, I am a perfectionist by nature. I worry a lot! This is my brand new TV and I suppose I'm like a new mother with it! Should I get it replaced or am I completely over-reacting?

Please reassure me. If ye experts say I'm obsessing, I'll be grand and I won't worry anymore:):p:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I recently bought a brand new TV. It cost €800 and I am so careful about it, to the point of obsession!! Last night, as I was tidying cables, I saw a tiny spec on it, where I think a pixel may be off or something. Anyway, it is not at all noticeable when I am watching the TV as I am at a normal distance. The only time that I see this is when I am very close up to the TV and it is on a very bright background. In fact, I was still a bit worried about it today so I went with the screen cloth to find it but I couldn't see it. Eventually, after about 10-15 mins of searching:o I managed to spot it!

The thing is, I am a perfectionist by nature. I worry a lot! This is my brand new TV and I suppose I'm like a new mother with it! Should I get it replaced or am I completely over-reacting?

Please reassure me. If ye experts say I'm obsessing, I'll be grand and I won't worry anymore:):p:o
    Presumably it's under guarantee so bring it back. If you're not happy with it (and why should you be?) return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DoctorMedicine

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Presumably it's under guarantee so bring it back. If you're not happy with it (and why should you be?) return it.

Yes, but this is a replacement already. That, and I don't notice it until I actually go up to the screen and a bright background comes on. I literally have to be right up against the screen. 90% of the time, even at that distance, I wouldn't notice it.

I would be embarrassed to have to get it replaced again:( It's not something that I notice, so perhaps I should just leave it? It is so tiny, and perhaps it will disappear over time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I would be embarrassed to have to get it replaced again:( It's not something that I notice, so perhaps I should just leave it? It is so tiny, and perhaps it will disappear over time?

Well it won't disappear over time! If you can forget it then fine but you shouldn't have to. It would bug me too... knowing there's something wrong with a new TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Yes, but this is a replacement already. That, and I don't notice it until I actually go up to the screen and a bright background comes on. I literally have to be right up against the screen. 90% of the time, even at that distance, I wouldn't notice it.

Just to say all tv's have this imperfection , but usually it's hidden under the bezel i.e. where you can't see it. For a replacement there is specific guidelines for the amount of screen "pixel" pop-out , it was 1-2% from memory provided it was around the edges.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DoctorMedicine

akaSol wrote: »
    Just to say all tv's have this imperfection , but usually it's hidden under the bezel i.e. where you can't see it. For a replacement there is specific guidelines for the amount of screen "pixel" pop-out , it was 1-2% from memory provided it was around the edges.

>Sol

I have 3 year insurance on it. Will that make any difference?

Thank you for your help:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement